Good Faith Returns
Returns must be requested within 15 days of order date and arrive at our warehouse within 25 days of our ship date. Items that are damaged or abused, missing any accessories, missing the UPC, missing serial/identification numbers or are not in the original packaging cannot be returned; unless this is the fault of our or a 3rd party shipping provider. Delayed returns may not be credited.
- Prompt returns are credited at the purchase price paid
- Items sold in “Quantity Packs Only” may only be returned in multiples of that quantity
- On partial returns, quantity prices used for a quantity purchase will be reversed if the return means that less than the required quantity level was retained
- Quotation Orders are ordered specifically for you and are NOT returnable.
- All returns must be returned in original packaging. If original packaging is not available, packaging must be provided by the order recipient. The contents of the order must be packaged in a safe and secure manner, if not, our agreed upon 3rd party delivery service will not accept transporting of package.
You should expect to receive your refund within 3-5 business days once the package is received and inspected by our returns department; however, in many cases you will receive your refund more quickly. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund as soon as it is processed. Please note, credits are issued less any freight charges and a twenty-five percent restocking fee will be deducted from the sub-total of the order amount, where applicable. After two weeks, if you don’t receive credit, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] so we can investigate. Please include your full name as it appeared on the order, address, order number, name of the shipper used, and the tracking number.
- It is not worthwhile to return small low priced items where the shipping both ways exceeds the value of the return
- It may not be logical to return large, bulky or heavy items where additional packing or shipping costs or surcharges are involved
- Items whose sale was based on a quotation price are not returnable
- Items shown as “Out of Stock” that we secure for you at your request are not returnable.
- Delayed returns arriving at our warehouse after 25 days past our ship date may not be credited.
Product Quality Problems
HardwareTools.com receives only first quality merchandise from reputable suppliers and lists the Manufacturers name, model and UPC code number(s) on site. We actively solicit and gladly post visitor reviews on site for all to see. We pick up and/or replace defective products if the manufacturer’s policy approves. We must be notified within 15 days of shipment. Manufacturers of gas operated tools and appliances, pneumatic tools, electronics, some power tools, and certain other goods require them to be serviced by the agencies they have set up for this purpose.
Damages in Transit
- Damages in transit should be reported within 3 days of receipt.
- DO NOT return damaged goods to us since they are not new and resalable.
- Hold on to the product and packaging. We will advise.
- We insure all goods we ship against damage in transit and we file the claims with the carrier.
- If the condition of any package received is crushed or mutilated, it should be noted when you receive it.
- Digital photos of the shipment and damage may be needed to support the claim.
- Some claims do require you sign an affidavit.
- NOTE: If you specified the carrier and shipped on your carrier account number, the carrier requires YOU to file the claim
- We are not responsible for freight charges for original or replacement orders in excess of Freight Saver Economy. The selection of any optional delivery/re-delivery method is at your expense.
Our processing of your Return Forms
Returns are processed Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM Eastern Time